The Benefits of Standing
There are many well-documented health benefits of standing, including:
- improved circulation,
- reduced skin breakdown,
- improved respiratory capacity,
- reduced urinary tract infections (UTIs),
- stronger bones,
- reduced spasticity,
- reduced back and neck pain,
- and stronger muscles, tendons, hamstrings.
But the benefits run deeper than that. There are also quality of life improvements such as:
- increased independence,
- increased self-esteem,
- increased social-interaction,
- and greater opportunities for employment.
Because it saves them money in the long run, insurance companies are often happy to help fund a standing wheelchair. Contact us if you’d like to learn more about getting a standing wheelchair.